The Elrond Zabbix Monitoring Plugin was built by ARC Stake on top of Zabbix, one of the best Open Source Monitoring Solutions.
The development of the Zabbix Suite was done prior to the MainNet launch to facilitate fetching data from Elrond nodes (validators & observers) and to trigger important alerts related to their status.
The suite is composed of two important components:
- The Elrond Zabbix Monitoring Plugin
- The Elrond Zabbix Monitoring Templates
2. Elrond Zabbix Monitoring Plugin
The plugin was developed using Perl and after an easy installation, all the important metrics about a running Elrond Node can be fetched by the Zabbix Server. These metrics include:
- Node Status: CPU / Memory / TX Pool Load, Sync failures, Node nonce / Peer Type / Version / Shard ID / TX processed
- Node Statistics: Node leader success percentage, Validator rating & failures
- Blockchain Statistics: Average block TX Count, Average TPS, Block nonce, Live TPS, Total Processed TX Count, Validators active/inactive/outdated/total
The development was done using a modular approach, making further extendability very easy.
The discovery functionality offers a one-time install & configuration action, bringing a new level of scalability to the solution.
3. Elrond Zabbix Monitoring Templates
The Zabbix Monitoring templates complete the Zabbix Monitoring Solution and help setting up your monitoring server in minutes. The main features of the templates:
- Node Status & Statistics Template
- Blockchain Statistics Template
- Active & Passive template variants
- Auto-discovery of nodes & shards
- Item, Trigger, Graph Prototypes
4. Source Code & Documentation
The source code and the documentation of the plugin can be found at:
5. From Zero-to-Hero Documentation
If your new to Zabbix, our friends at the PalmTree Network built a complete documentation on setting up Zabbix & the Elrond Plugin & Templates. Check it out: